What is The Professional Skills Development Programme?
The Professional Skills Development Programme is a rolling programme of advanced personal skills courses, divided into 3 annual programmes (see left). Courses consist of practical workshops, presentations and support materials written by some of the world’s leading business authors – all designed to help equip you with valuable business skills such as:
- Leadership skills – to help you manage an effective team that gets results.
- Time management – to help you get more out of each day.
- Strategic planning – to help you take the firm forward.
- Negotiation skills – to help you drive down costs and increase profits.
- Marketing and sales skills – to help you acquire more business.
- And much more ...
You can choose to attend individual courses, or book onto an annual programme of courses (it is more cost effective to book an annual programme as opposed to booking each course individually). Plus, because it is a 12 month rolling programme, you can join an annual programme at any time.
By the end of Year 1, delegates are already seeing improvements in their effectiveness, efficiency and commercial awareness, helping them to progress and drive the firm forward.
For more details of any of our professional skills courses and to book, click on a course title on the left of this page or call 01752 725702.
We can also hold all, or part, of the Professional Skills Development programme in-house for your firm. Call 01752 725702 to discuss your requirements.
You can choose to attend courses on an ad-hoc basis or book onto an annual programme, giving you access to all courses within that year.
There are many advantages to booking an annual programme compared with booking courses on an individual basis, including:
- A structured training programme designed to complement your current workload and ongoing career objectives.
- Cost savings. It will cost you less to book an annual programme compared with buying the same courses individually.
- Follow up calls by the lecturer after each course to discuss individual action plans arising from each session.
- Booking priority is given to delegates who have signed up to an annual package. Places will only be sold to ad-hoc purchasers one month prior to the course running and subject to availability.
- Plus, by booking an annual programme with course credits, you’ll automatically qualify for the lowest rate for credits, meaning you can enjoy access to SWAT UK's other training courses at hugely reduced prices.
In addition, we issue delegates with a bi-monthly professional skills newswire, providing relevant practice management articles and tips on how to improve specific aspects of day to day operations.
Identifying the partners of tomorrow
The professional skills development programme can also be a valuable benchmark for identifying future partners within the practice, a vital resource when considering future succession strategies for the firm.
Discounts for SWAT UK Full Members
SWAT UK Full and Reduced Members receive 10% discount on the price of our Professional Skills Development Programme courses and can also use support days in exchange for attendance on an annual package, as outlined below:
Year 1 = 1.5 days per place
Year 2 = 1.5 days per place
Year 3 = 2 days per place.
N.B. SWAT UK Member firms can use their support days to purchase places on a full year only, and cannot be used to purchase individual courses.